The Perinatal Mental Health Simulation Training is a fully funded, one-day training workshop designed to embed knowledge and skills to assess and manage common perinatal mental health problems.
This course involves immersive simulation-based training scenarios using actors and real-life settings.
This multi-professional training is designed for professionals working across the perinatal care pathway, and there will be a learner mix on each course day to reflect the multidisciplinary group of professionals involved in women’s care during the perinatal period.
The day is co-facilitated by Consultant Perinatal Psychiatrists from the Sussex Specialist Perinatal Mental Health Service, and a perinatal mental health service user trained in simulation facilitation.
Places are limited to twelve delegates across the disciplines to ensure a realistic team working experience.
Who is this course suitable for:
- Health Visitors
- Mental Health Nurses
- Junior Doctors (GPVTS, Foundation, Psychiatric and Obstetric Trainees)
- Maternity Support Workers
- Approved Mental Health Workers
- Other professionals interested please contact course organisers to enquire about suitability
Previous learner feedbackThe training today was the best I have ever had. So informative and pushed out of my comfort zone, but in a supportive and safe way. Facilitated and guided discussion was thorough and explorative. Great opportunity to share knowledge with midwife/health visitor colleagues. Thank you!
Simulation training was a fantastic learning experience as it allowed us to see a range of mental health conditions in a range of settings. Best perinatal mental health training I have attended.
After today’s training I will be more conscious of the language I use, being open and direct and asking difficult questions, to not be afraid to ask them.
Dates and venues
Simulation Suite, Royal Alex Children’s Hospital, Brighton, BN2 5BE (RACH)
Worthing Health Education Centre, Worthing, BN11 2HR (WHEC)
- Monday 11 December 2023 – Worthing
- Wednesday 13 December 2023 – Brighton
- Monday 15 January 2024 – Brighton
- Tuesday 6 February 2024 – Brighton
- Wednesday 27 March 2024 – Brighton
- Monday 15 April 2024 – Brighton
- Tuesday 7 May 2024 – Brighton
- Wednesday 5 June 2024 – Brighton
How to book a session or make an enquiry
Email us with any queries: [email protected]