What is a waiting list validation?
We want to check that patients still need their referral on our waiting list. We want to check that patients still need their referral on our waiting list.
You will receive a text or email notification inviting you to link to the patient hub portal (once we start rolling this out across all departments). If this link is not used and you don’t respond within 72 hours, a paper copy will be sent by post. If this link is not used and you don’t respond within 72 hours, a paper copy will be sent by post.
All you have to do is to ensure your hospital records have an up-to-date mobile phone number (or email address).
When you access your referral confirmation online there are benefits for both you and our hospitals.
- Paper referral letters can be delayed in the post, are easily mislaid, and it can be confusing to keep track of many different referral letters
- You will help the Trust save money through reducing postage and printing.
How this helps you?
- Easier and faster – it’s a convenient way for you to let the hospital know if you need or no longer need to be on the waiting lists. You can log in using any device, such as your phone or your laptop.
- Helps to improve your patient experience and get you information quickly.
- Available 24/7 – you can access your referral information when it suits you.
- All your referrals in one place – you can quickly see all your referrals clearly listed in one place.
- Improved accessibility – our sight impaired and blind patients can benefit by using screen readers or enlarge the font on screen.
- Environmentally conscious – going digital will save paper and postage costs.
- No patient left behind – if you do not respond via the portal, we will send you a letter in the post.
For more information on how to use the Patient Hub
Frequently asked questions (FAQ’s)
Visit our FAQ page for further information and support on the Patient Hub.