- Critically appraise qualitative research
- Define the different types of qualitative research design
- Define internal and external validity, generalisability and applicability in the context of qualitative research
- Explain the key areas for potential bias in qualitative research methods and the ways in which these can be minimised
- you need to be able to judge the quality of published health care research in order to make decisions about patient care or service development
- you are carrying out a literature review or systematic review
- you are presenting at a journal club
Previous experience required
The session works equally well as a refresher or introductory session on critical appraisal of qualitative research.
Presentation with small group work, including discussion of a published article that will be distributed prior to the session.
Sessions are taught both on-site and online. Dates which are taught online only (using tools such as Microsoft Teams) are listed separately. You will be contacted with more details when you book onto a specific session.
Bookings for this course must be made by 5pm on the day before the session. Any bookings made after that time cannot be guaranteed by the KLS team.
Booking a place
Email us with any queries firstname.lastname@example.org