The libraries at the RSCH, PRH and MVH are COVID-19 low risk areas. Masks are available but not needed.
Hand sanitisers are in the public areas of all our libraries.
As a member, you can apply for 24 hour access at the RSCH and PRH libraries.
UHSussex staff should bring their NHS ID badge during staffed hours to sign up.
Members without a UHSussex ID badge can request a 24-hour access card; contact us for details.
The libraries provide many study spaces (with computers and without). Bookable rooms are available for group study at RSCH library. Book a study room to reserve your space online.
All our libraries have disabled access entry doors and level flooring throughout. Lifts and disabled toilets are available nearby. An induction loop is fitted at the library reception desks at RSCH and PRH.
Help with reaching books and coloured paper for printing will be provided on request and our book loan period can be extended to six weeks if needed; contact us for more information.
Two accessible workstations are available 24/7 in the RSCH Library. Theses have height adjustable desks and the following software on the PCs:
- Read&Write – for those with dyslexia and other learning difficulties.
- Claroread – helps reading, writing, studying and increases confidence.
- MindGenius – captures ideas, visualises information, plans projects, manages tasks and shares knowledge.
- Inspiration – for visual mapping, outlining, writing and making presentations.
- Zoom Text Magnifier – a fully integrated magnification and screen reading program that enlarges, enhances and reads aloud everything on the computer screen.
The above software is also installed on a designated PC in the PRH and MVH libraries. All workstations are clearly labelled and staff can advise.
Headphones are available to borrow from the reception desk in all libraries.