Released 1 December 2022
- How many SARs have been made to the trust in the last 12 months?
- How many SAR requests have gone over the allocated calendar month for responding?
- How many staff deal with responses?
- On average how many hours are spent dealing with a SAR?
- Do you have any software to assist with SAR production?
- Who has budget responsibility over the costs & resources required to respond to the SARs?
Please note that University Hospitals Sussex NHS Foundation Trust has only been in operation since 1 April 2021, following the merger of Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust and Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
- Between November 2021 and October 2022 the Trust received 4,845 Subject Access requests.
- Current establishment is 7 staff.
- On average approximately 30-45 minutes per request.
- No specific software is currently used.
- As is the case for most NHS organisations, we are not of the view that it is appropriate to routinely release the names and contact details of our staff into the public domain through the FOIA. The name and contact details you are seeking are therefore exempt under section 40(2) [personal information] exemption of the Act. The engagement of s.40(2) in this case is considered absolute and is not subject to public interest considerations.