How we can help
We recognise that coming to hospital can sometimes be difficult and we’re here to help if you need it.
PALS can help patients or their relatives and carers by:
- providing information about services both here at the Trust and other organisations
- contacting the departments in the hospital on your behalf
- listening to any concerns you may have and helping to resolve them
- passing on your feedback and compliments to staff
- advising how you can make a complaint
- arranging interpreting services
If you have any issues or concerns about your care, it’s always best to first speak to the person in charge of the ward or department. If you’re not happy with their response, then please do get in touch with PALS.
Where to find PALS
The PALS team can be reached by emailing or phone. You can also complete a contact form.
Alternatively you can visit the teams in our hospitals. Our contact numbers and locations are:
Princess Royal Hospital
You can call us or ask at the main reception for directions to our office.
St Richard’s Hospital
You can call us or visit us by the main reception.
Monday to Friday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Royal Sussex County Hospital, Sussex Eye Hospital and Royal Alexandra Children’s Hospital
You can call us or ask at the main reception in the Barry Building for directions to our office.