Released 11 January 2023
I am looking into the parking operations, impact, and parking charge notices issued at your Trust. Please could you kindly respond to these questions under the Freedom of Information act 2000:
- Who currently manages the car parks run for/by the trust?
- Do you outsource the parking management to a 3rd party. If so, to who?
- How many parking related complaints have you received over the last 12 months, split per hospital within the trust?
- Do you use Automatic Number Plate Recognition for parking enforcement at any of the hospitals, and if so, at which ones?
- How much money was raised through people paying to park at the trust, split per hospital over the last 12 months?
- When were the existing payment machines installed, and can people pay using a credit/debit card at all machines?
- Can users pay to park using a mobile phone-based APP, if so, which one?
- How many parking charge notices (PCN’s) were issued during the last 12-month period?
- How much money was generated for the trust by people paying enforcement notices, split per hospital over the last 12 months?
- The Trust’s car parks are managed in-house.
- Not applicable
- None (nil)
- Please refer to the table below for figures relevant to public car parking for the period Dec-21 to Nov-22. Please note that the figures provided do not include monies raised through the Trust’s staff parking scheme. We are unable to separate figures for the Royal Sussex County Hospital and Princess Royal Hospital sites due to coding used on our financial system and regret any inconvenience this may cause.
|Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton and Princess Royal Hospital, Haywards Heath
|St. Richard’s Hospital, Chichester
|Worthing Hospital, Worthing
|Southlands Hospital, Shoreham by Sea
6. Machines were installed at hospitals within the two legacy Trusts prior to the merger; at Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust in late 2018 and at Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in August 2018. The machines accept payment by credit or debit card, but do not accept contactless payments.
8. The Trust does not issue parking charge notices therefore this information is not held by the Trust. Parking charge notices are issued by the Trust’s parking enforcement contractor. Since this information is not currently held by the Trust, it is therefore not available under the Act at this time.
9. None (nil)