People living nearby the Royal Sussex County Hospital (RSCH) in Brighton are invited to the Trust’s Hospital Liaison Group meeting on Thursday 28 September, from 6.00pm to 7.30pm.
Held on the 11th floor of the new Louisa Martindale Building, the regular event is an opportunity for residents and local business-people to keep in touch with the redevelopment of the RSCH campus.
The agenda for September’s HLG meeting is as follows:
6pm – Part one
- Welcome – Hospital Director Peter Lane
- Chair’s opening remarks – Cllr Tristram Burden (Queen’s Park)
- New Sussex Cancer Centre – Chief of Service (Cancer) Dr Sarah Westwell and Director of Nursing (Cancer) Lisa Barrott
- 3Ts Stage 2&3, planning, construction, and consultation – Director of Capital and Property Robert Cairney and Town Planning BDP Associate Tom Rudd
- Q&A on new Sussex Cancer Centre plans – Cllr Tristram Burden
6.45pm – Part two
- RSCH campus update – Hospital Director Peter Lane, Nursing Director Terece Walters, and Estates and Trevor Fitzgerald
(To include North Service Road change, South Service Road issues, plus other you said, we did updates)
- Q&A on broader topics related to RSCH and HLG – Cllr Tristram Burden
- Closing remarks – Peter Lane
If you cannot attend the meeting but are keen to find out more our Cancer Centre plans, there will be a public exhibition taking place in the Welcome Space of the Louisa Martindale Building in October, with opportunities to meet our lead cancer clinicians and speak with our architects and planning team.
There will also be a special public webinar about the plans for Stage 2 of the 3Ts redevelopment and a public questionnaire to provide everyone with an opportunity to comment and have their say.
All the details will be published on the www.uhsussex.nhs.uk website in the first week of October.