Following the planned closing of Costa Coffee and the Amigo store in the Barry building, we wanted to remind you of the other food and coffee outlets available at our Royal Sussex County Hospital (RSCH) campus.
You can also expect new retail and food outlets at the Louisa Martindale Building as we move into summer, including a Peabody’s Coffee Ltd Café and takeaway outlet, and a WHSmith and M&S hybrid store. More details will be provided soon, closer to the opening.
Terrace Restaurant (OPEN TO STAFF ONLY)
The Terrace Restaurant in the Audrey Emerton Building (third floor) serves cooked breakfasts, lunch including freshly cooked hot options, hot and cold sandwiches, toasties, baked potatoes, salads, and fresh soup with homemade bread. A large selection of hot beverages including fairtrade teas and coffees freshly ground from Arabica Beans are also available.
Open 8:00am to 2:00pm, Monday to Friday. From 15th May 2023 opening will extend to 4:00pm.
The Subway Restaurant next to the Royal Alex Children’s Hospital offers sandwiches, salads and wraps including vegan and vegetarian fillings, hot and cold drinks, and snacks.
Open 7:30am to 7:00pm Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4.00pm weekends and bank holidays.
- RVS in Eye Hospital – 9:00am to 2.30pm, Mon to Fri, serves coffee/sandwiches/cold drinks/toasties
- RVS in Outpatients – 9:00am to 2.00pm, Mon to Fri, serves coffee/sandwiches/cold drinks
- RVS at the Alex Children’s Hospital – 8:30am to 3:00pm, Mon to Fri, and 9:00am to 3.00pm weekends and bank holidays, serves coffee/sandwiches/cold drinks/toasties/cakes/hot food
- RVS A&E – 8.30am to 7.00pm, Mon to Fri, weekends and bank holidays, serves coffee/sandwiches/ cold drinks/toasties
- WHSmith at the Alex Children’s Hospital – 8:00am to 7.00pm, Mon to Fri, and 10:00am to 3.00pm weekends, serves sandwiches/cold drinks/snacks.