24 Hour Access Terms and Conditions of Use
Royal Sussex County Hospital Library and Princess Royal Hospital Library
- Use of the library out-of-hours is at your own risk. Do not leave any personal items unattended.
- For your own safety, and the safety of others, you must have your staff or student ID badge, or a Library 24 Hour Access Card, with you when using the library out-of-hours. You may be asked to leave the library if you are unable to show your ID badge or access card to a member of staff. The Trust Security team patrol all areas and may ask to see your ID badge or access card.
- Only the person named on the ID badge may use it to gain access to the library. Do not lend your ID badge to someone else to gain access or allow others into the library using your ID badge.
- If your authorised card does not work please contact Security via switchboard by dialling ‘0’ from any internal phone. Do not use the emergency number for this purpose.
- To leave the library, press the “press to exit” button on the left hand side of the library door. Stand clear of the door as it opens. The Emergency Door Release should only be used if the door remains locked in the event of a fire.
- When entering and leaving the library (and the Audrey Emerton Building) with your swipe card, please check that the doors close properly behind you.
- Do not leave the library without taking your swipe card with you.
- Please do not switch off the lights at any time, including when leaving the library. They need to remain on for the security of others. At PRH the lights in the main part of the library and Computer Room 2 are motion activated. Please ensure if you open a window you close it before you leave.
- You must only use the computers for work-related activities in accordance with Trust policies.
- Books can be self-issued or returned out-of-hours using your library membership card at the self-issue kiosks.
- There are CCTV cameras in the library which are monitored by Security.
- Out-of-hours access to the library is a privilege and we reserve the right to remove this access.
LOCATION OF FIRE EXITS
If the fire alarm is sounded, you must leave the library immediately. Only use the fire doors in an emergency, using them at any other time will activate the fire alarm. See below for emergency contacts.
- At RSCH Library the fire exit is located in the furthest corner from the library entrance next to the Study Pods. There is also a fire exit in the corridor next to the lifts. Both of these exit onto the street.
- At PRH Library the main fire exit is the library entrance. There is also fire exit in Computer Room 2 leading to the main corridor via the Moving & Handling Training Room.
24 HOUR ACCESS CARDS
Library members without University Hospitals Sussex NHS Foundation Trust ID Cards can be issued with a Library 24 Hour Access Card.
- Cards must be renewed every 12 months by presenting them at the library help desk, an email reminder will be sent before the due date.
- Holders of 24 Hour Access cards must return them to the library when they cease to be library members.
- Lost or mislaid cards must be reported immediately to library staff.
Emergency: 2222 Security Extension: 67474 Library Extension: 63300
Emergency: 2222 Security Extension: 68115 Library Extension: 65596