The Health Information Point (HIP) is a free and confidential health information service for all patients, visitors of patients and hospital staff and volunteers from University Hospitals Sussex NHS Foundation Trust. Enquiries are welcome in person, by phone or by email.
Where we are:
We are located on the ground floor of the Louisa Martindale Building, Royal Sussex County
Hospital, Eastern Road, Brighton, BN2 5BE.
Health Information Point
Phone 01273 523166
Email [email protected]
Opening Hours (Mon – Fri) 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Free, guided internet access for health-related queries.
- Expert advice on finding high-quality health information online and improving health literacy.
- Leaflets and printouts free of charge.
- General information on healthy living, as well as medical conditions, treatments, tests and medicines.
- Health promotion/national awareness events.
- Signposting to other local support services, self-help groups and resources for healthy living.
- Diagnose medical conditions or do physical examinations.
- Give clinical advice or interpret information on specific treatments such as diets for diabetes.
- Provide counselling, give personal advice, or share our own views and experiences.
- Assist with student projects.
- Respond to complaints or comments about Trust services. These are dealt with by the Patient Advice and Liaison Services (PALS) on Level 6 of the Louisa Martindale Building.
- If we need to send you information following your enquiry we will ask you for your name and contact details. This information will be held securely and disposed of after 8 years.
- We are legally obliged to ask for the following information which will also help us to monitor and develop the service: gender, racial or ethnic origin, health data and sexual orientation. This information will be anonymous and not linked to any personal data.
- There is no requirement to answer these questions in order to use this service.
For further information see the UHSussex privacy notice.
- University Hospitals Sussex patient information leaflets
- Patient Advice and Liasion Service
- Health Talk
The information given is for guidance purposes only and is not intended to replace professional clinical advice by a qualified practitioner. You should always consult a suitably qualified healthcare professional when making decisions about diagnosis and treatment of health conditions. We have taken care to direct you to reliable information but cannot guarantee its accuracy.