*** Please do not visit patients if you are unwell *** If you need medical help and advice call NHS 111 first *** Remember to wear a mask in our hospitals *** Do you need A and E?


Anticoagulant drugs are often referred to as blood-thinning drugs. These medicines prevent the formation of harmful blood clots.

Page last reviewed: Next review date: