Your appointment date and time
Before your outpatient appointment you’ll have been sent a letter with an appointment date and time.
Please let us know if you’re unable to attend and need to change or cancel your appointment.
Waiting for your appointment
We’ll see you as quickly as possible and do our best not to change the date or time of your appointment. However, we may offer you an appointment at any of our hospitals if it means you will be seen sooner.
If your condition seems to be getting worse while you’re waiting for your appointment then please contact your GP.
Your appointment location
We see outpatients at different outpatient departments and clinics at our hospitals as well as video consultations.
Check your letter for details of which of our hospitals your appointment will be at and if travelling please allow enough time to get to your appointment.
If it is a video appointment see our video consultation page.
Important things to remember
- Check the appointment details and let us know if you cannot make it. Letting us know means we can offer the appointment to someone else as well as find another time for your rearranged appointment. If you haven’t let us know and have missed an appointment, you may be discharged back to your GP.
- Do not attend if you are unwell, have symptoms of Covid or have had diarrhoea and vomiting in the past 48 hours. If you’re unwell please rearrange your appointment.
- Let us know if you have any special needs for your appointment or need an interpeter, the number to call is on the letter or find out more about the support we can provide.
- Check the transport and parking options to help you get to your appointment with plenty of time.
- Bring your appointment letter with you. You may also like to bring a pen and paper to make any notes during your appointment.
- Think about whether you’d like to bring a chaperone with you to support you.
- You may be asked about your medical history and any medication you take. If easier, make a note of these and bring this with you.
- Make a note of any questions you’d like to ask during your appointment so you don’t forget.