The department work closely with neurosciences, providing excellent medical facilities available to us ensure that patients receive high quality care at all times.
Our key roles:
- diagnostic Neuroradiology
- Interventional Neuroradiology
- Training & Research.
Our specialist services
We provide specialist support to the following areas:
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Neurovascular Service
- Spinal Intervention Service
Extensive expert level diagnostic and interventional services are provided using advanced CT, MRI, fluoroscopy, neurovascular and diagnostic neuro-angiography.
Neuro-angiography is a procedure to diagnose vascular abnormalities in the spine, head and neck.
Our interventional neuroradiologists treat conditions endovascularly (less invasive procedure used to treat problems) such as cerebral aneurysms, arterio-venous malformations and stroke.
The team is made up of expert diagnostic interventional neuroradiologists, neuroradiographers and neuroradiology nurses providing a tertiary level service to Sussex.
- Dr C Good, MBChB, FFRad, FRCR, PhD, EDiNR
- Dr P Koumellis, MSc, MRCP, FRCR
- Dr M Poitelea, MD PhD FRCR
- Dr R Vundavalli, MB BS, MRCP, FRCR
- Dr A Vidziunaite, MD
- Dr N Skipper, MB BS, Bsc, FRCR
- Dr J Chia, MA MB BChir, MRCP FRCR, PGDip, ESMINT diploma
- Dr H Whiteley-Jones, BSc MBBS FRCR
- Dr Maria Filyridou, MD, EDiNR