Our Council of Governors acts as a link between University Hospitals Sussex members and the Trust Board. It promotes active membership, represents local views and stands as a ‘critical friend’ to the trust. It also appoints – and decides the remuneration of – the Trust’s Chair and the Non- Executive Directors, and approves the appointment of the Chief Executive.
Our governors are typically involved in many areas beyond their statutory duties, such as:
- Holding constituency meetings to communicate with members
- Representing the views of members to the Trust Board
- Developing and reviewing the membership strategy to ensure representation and engagement levels are maintained and increased as appropriate
- Working with hospital volunteers
- Giving talks to interested stakeholders
Council of Governors Meetings in public 2023
Trust members and the public are normally welcome to attend our regular Council of Governors meetings. These meetings are held in person and online via Microsoft Teams.
Next meeting: Thursday 17 August 2023 – 2pm to 4pm
The meeting will be a hybrid meeting and members of the public are also welcome to attend in person, the meeting will be held at Worthing Hospital in the Boardroom on the 2nd Floor of the Washington Suite.
Questions from the public will be answered at the end of each meeting. Please email your questions to our Company Secretary, Glen Palethorpe, no later than Monday 14 August 2023.
Future meeting dates
- Thursday 23 November 2023
- Thursday 29 February 2023
Previous meeting papers
Are you interested in becoming a governor?
Please contact our Company Secretary to find out more or ask any questions, or book a place on one of our briefing sessions.