Making sure you have all you might need during your stay can help you feel ready for your time in hospital and comfortable whilst you are with us on the ward.
Take a look at our handy checklist:
- Glasses, hearing aid and any walking aids
- Any regular medicine you take
- Nightwear and comfortable day wear
- Dressing gown and slippers
- Toiletries including toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, flannel and hairbrush
- Mobile phone and charger, any other device such as a tablet
- Books and/or magazines
- Sanitary/incontinence pads (if required)
- Sweeteners if required
- Favourite sweets or snacks
Storing your belongings
A small cupboard will be next to your bed for you to store some of your personal belongings that you’ve brought with you. Please use this to keep things close to hand and stored during your stay.
It’s best to leave any valuables at home if you can or ask a relative to take them home as we cannot take responsibility for them. Talk to your nurse if you have anything with you that you’re concerned about storing.
If you have any medicine that you need to bring in with you then please do bring them and tell the nurse when you arrive what you have. They will let you know where they will be stored.
Do let the nurse know of any medicine you’re allergic to as well.