Making sure you have all you might need during your stay can help you feel ready for your time in hospital and comfortable whilst you’re with us on the ward.
You might like to bring with you:
- glasses, hearing aid and any walking aids
- any regular medicine you take
- nightwear and comfortable day wear
- dressing gown and slippers
- toiletries including toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, flannel and hairbrush
- mobile phone and charger, any other device such as a tablet
- books and/or magazines
- sanitary/incontinence pads if required
- sweeteners if required
- favourite sweets or snacks.
Storing your belongings
A small cupboard will be next to your bed for you to store some of your personal belongings that you’ve brought with you. Please use this to keep things close to hand and stored during your stay.
It’s best to leave any valuables at home if you can or ask a relative to take them home as we cannot take responsibility for them. Talk to your nurse if you have anything with you that you’re concerned about storing.
If you have any medicine that you need to bring in with you then please do bring them and tell the nurse when you arrive what you have. They’ll let you know where they will store your medicine.
Do let the nurse know of any medicine you’re allergic to as well.