We use simulation-based activities to support medical training at UHSussex. It allows skills to be practised so our staff can give the best patient care. We align our work with our Patient First approach. This focuses training on:
- reducing mortality and avoiding harm
- improving the recognition and management of deteriorating patients.
Our simulation suites are equipped with ward beds, theatre tables, various manikins, cameras and observation areas.
We have simulation suites at:
- St Richard’s Hospital: The Simpson Suite
- Worthing Hospital: The Simulation Suite
- Princess Royal Hospital: David Read Simulation Suite and Hurstwood Park Training Theatre
- Royal Alexandra Children’s Hospital: Children’s Simulation Centre
- Royal Sussex County Hospital: Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS) Clinical Skills Suite.