During working hours, if you need other medical help or support and it’s not a life-threatening emergency or injury needing urgent treatment, contact your GP to make an appointment. If you aren’t registered at your local surgery, find your nearest GP.
NHS 111 can help if you’re not sure where to go
Call NHS 111 or visit 111 online. They can direct you to the nearest urgent care service or book an appointment with an out of hours doctor. They can also book an appointment at A&E for you if it is an emergency. This may reduce your wait.
Mental health support
- Sussex Mental Healthline or call 0800 0309 500 (24/7)
- Samaritans or call 116 123 (24/7)
- Preventing suicide in Sussex
PharmaciesFind your nearest pharmacy
Late night pharmacies (seven days a week)
- Ashtons Pharmacy: 01273 325020, 98 Dyke Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 3JD. Closing time: 10pm
- Westons Pharmacy: 01273 605354, 6-7 Coombe Terrace, Lewes Road, Brighton, BN2 4AD. Closing time: 8pm
Sexual health services
Other sources of help and advice
- NSPCC (safety of a child): www.nspcc.org.uk/
- Refuge (domestic abuse help): www.refuge.org.uk/
- Help after rape and sexual assault: www.nhs.uk/live-well/sexual-health/help-after-rape-and-sexual-assault/
Useful NHS links
The NHS A-Z of health conditions gives advice on how to treat various conditions at home before seeking medical help.
Child First Aid
Visit the NHS website for first aid advice for burns, cuts, swallowing non-edible objects/substances and more.