The pain management team includes clinical nurse specialists, advanced clinical practitioners, pain consultants, consultant anaesthetists and trainee anaesthetists who specialises in pain management for patients admitted to our hospitals.
We support the clinical teams working within our hospitals by providing direct clinical advice and management, when required. Our expertise includes both routine and more difficult cases, including:
- optimisation of acute pain management
- enhanced recovery surgery
- complex surgery on high-risk patients
- patients that suffer from long-term pain
- patients with cancer-related pain
- patients that have substance dependence
- patients on surgical, medical, maternity or children’s wards
- critical care patients
- elderly and frail patients
- patients with liver and renal problems.
We also promote safe and effective practice by providing clinical guidelines, education for all grades of staff.