This workshop has been designed to enable you to embed the core principles of valid informed consent into your daily practice. It will also provide a foundation upon which to build competence in the valid informed consent process in your own research setting. The course covers the ethical and legislative frameworks that underpin the research consent process, along with the principles and responsibilities of consent in clinical research, best practice and insight into the added protection required for vulnerable groups.
The expectation is that participants will have already completed a GCP course.
Workshops will take the form of a combination of presentations, discussions and group activities (based on standard materials) designed to bring the principles of valid informed consent into the workplace.
Face to face training dates
Dates for 2023 – to follow soon.
Online training is provided by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) via their CRN Learn platform. If you do not have a CRN Learn account you can register for one following the instructions below.
Setting up a CRN Learn account
You may either register with your work email or if you have one, you can use your NIHR Google account to register.
- Go to the CRN Learn home page .
- Click “Create a new account”.
- Enter all of the required information.
- Tick the box labelled “I have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions” and press “Next”.
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent to the email address you have provided asking you to unlock your account. Please follow the instructions in the email and continue until you reach the end of the account creation process.
- You will be asked to add details of your job role, organisation and geographical area. You may need to log out and back in, to save this information.
- Your account is created ONLY WHEN you have added this information and your full name appears at the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Access the required learning by going to the Home page: look under CRN South London and CRN North West London as they are running the new online facilitated sessions – select the link for the training you require.
- Please use your work email address (if you have one). This enables NIHR CRN learn to provide faster access to courses for individuals in automatically eligible organisations.
- Please make sure that you can access your work email account during the entire account creation process. They will send information to this.
- Once your account is created, you will be able to access CRN Learn via any internet enabled computer or device.