Our network ensures LGBTQI+ colleagues and patients are protected, respected, listened to and represented at the UHSussex. We’re a group of LGBTQI+ staff and volunteers. We work in all roles and at all levels in the Trust. The plus symbol (+) in our name is a way of acknowledging all Sexual Orientations and Gender Identities (incl. non-binary identities, and intersex individuals). We also welcome all non-LGBTQI+ allies who share our commitment to equality and inclusion.
We volunteer our time, experience and expertise to:
- Continually improve the experience of UHSussex for all LGBTQI+ staff and patients
- Ensure that all LGBTQI+ voices are consistently, effectively, heard and represented
- Promote social and informal networking, strong working relationships and friendships
- Help our Trust become known as an ‘inclusion employer of choice’
- Stand up for the rights and freedoms of all LGBTQI+ people
The LGBTQI+ Network is a great way to meet new people, network and feel part of a community.
Fighting with Pride supports the health and wellbeing of LGBT+Veterans, service personnel and their families – in particular those most impacted by the ban on LGBT+ personnel serving in the Armed Forces prior to January 2000.
If you’d like to know more, need support or advice, or would like to get involved, contact the network.
Contact the network
Proud to stand with our LGBTQI+ colleagues and patients
Visit our celebrating Prides page and come join us celebrate Prides 2023.