Telephone triage is run by a small group of experienced midwives with a wealth of knowledge in all aspects of maternity care.
Are you in labour or need urgent advice?
- Call 01903 285269 (Worthing Hospital)
- Call 01903 285269 (St Richard’s Hospitals)
- Call 01273 664793 (Royal Sussex County Hospital)
- Call 01444 448669 (Princess Royal Hospital)
- If you are calling in early pregnancy and have concerns regarding pain or bleeding we can advise on all aspects. Sometimes it is necessary to refer you to our early pregnancy clinics depending on symptoms.
- In some instances we may advise that you make an appointment with your own GP.
- If we feel that you need to be seen by a midwife or an obstetric doctor we can organise a community midwife to visit you at home or a nearby clinic. We may ask you to come to a day assessment units or labour ward at your chosen hospital.
- After your baby is born and you are back at home we can give you advice and see you if needed. If your baby is more than a month old please contact your Health Visitor or GP.
Other useful contacts
Switchboard 01903 205111
St Richard's Hospital
Switchboard 01243 788122
Princess Royal Hospital
Community midwives 01444 448608
Day Assessment Unit (extn. 65486) 01444 441881
Antenatal clinic (extn. 65486) 01444 441881
Postnatal ward (extn. 68478) 01444 441881
Royal Sussex County Hospital
Community midwives 01273 664794
Day Assessment Unit (extn. 4392) 01273 696955
Antenatal clinic (extn. 4393) 01273 696955
Postnatal ward (extn. 4107) 01273 696955